What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar to rent in SEA area

Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello,

My wife and I are hoping to move to the SEA area in about 15 months. Anyone know of a place that rents hangars for a "reasonable" amount? I'd consider pretty much anywhere within 60-90 minutes of SeaTac. We may even base where we move depending on where we can hangar the bird. Looking to rent for about a year while we build our hangar house. I know this is a ways out but I also know most places have a waiting list.

Just have an RV-4 so could certainly share space with another RV or similar.

Thanks!

Rick

Try Arlington KAWO, they usually have hangars, appx $250-300 per month.
about 40 mi north of Seattle up I-5. Nice GA field. Lot's of RV's there.

If it's rainy out, and it's always rainy out, a 60-90 minute drive only gets you about 15 miles from Sea-Tac on I-5 in any direction. Worse when it's sunny.

You Seattlites (?) know what I'm talking about.

Are you working out of Sea-Tac Rick? If so, I would suggest searching South or East from the Sea-Tac area. As the other guys mentioned, getting through Seattle proper (and Bellevue on the east side of the lake) seems to get worse every month. The North/South Freeways through Seattle and Bellevue become real bottle necks.

For hangars south of SEA I would look at Auburn Municipal (S50), Pierce County Thun (PLU) or Tacoma Narrows (TIW). You may also want to check out Olympia (OLM), farther Southwest or Bremerton (PWT), well West of SEA. There are also several smaller fields and fly-in communities South of SEA. Check out the sectional.

Good luck and welcome to the Northwest. When the weather is as nice as it has been this spring, there is no place more beautiful to fly around.

Mark

Thanks!

Folks,

Thanks for the replies. I will be working out of Sea Tac, flying somewhere between 1-4 trips a month, so I won't have to do the trip that often. Put another way, if I have to sit in traffic a few times a month, it may not be the end of the world. Arlington looks like a decent option and I will certainly check out the airports to the south and east as well!

Gracias!

- Rick

OLM Hangar

Rick,

I moved into a t-hangar at OLM last summer, $260 per month, lighted and elec outlets but not heated, nicest hangars I have ever been in for the $$$, great experimental community there.

Sea Tac to OLM drive about 1+10 with normal flow, about 2+00 in rush hour traffic.

All the best,
Reggie

Hangar for RV

I am at PWT, Bremerton and know a number of guys that take the ferry from Seattle to go fly. Enjoyable comparable to the traffic slog.
Seldom see hangars available here but they do come up occasionally.
Recommend getting on a couple airport waiting lists and just take what comes first.

Back