What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hunting for a Vans demo flight in Los Angeles

ababb

I'm New Here
Hey all,
A friend and I are keen to either buy or build a 6 or 7, but we have yet to actually fly, ride, or even sit in one! Can anyone provide a reference? We're based in long beach, but we can borrow a 172 from the club and venture out of LA if the need arises. Thanks!

Torrance has several RV's. I have a -6, and know the owners of at least two -7's, an -8, and a couple of -4's. I'll send you a PM for contact info.

Heinrich

Torrance has several RV's. I have a -6, and know the owners of at least two -7's, an -8, and a couple of -4's. I'll send you a PM for contact info.

Heinrich

I'm at SMO and just doing Private. Let me know if you want to go cruise the bay and need a passenger! Looking to get a 7 or 7a.

Figured it'd be better to revive an old thread than start another one, but:

Hey all!

I'm a young aerospace engineer based out of Long Beach (KLGB) with around 100 hours and a tailwheel endorsement looking at purchasing an aircraft. The RV6/7 is high on my list as well, and would love to cover costs if someone was willing to let me go for a ride in (or even just sit in) their RV.

Thanks in advance for any leads,
Chris

Edit: Planning on trying to go to the experimental fly-in in Mojave this Saturday (4/13/19) as well. Anyone bringing an RV (or Glastar) that I can check out?

RV Fly-in KRNM

Chris:

Welcome Aboard! (official greeter & greeting to follow)

You might want to fly south to Ramona. I hear the food is wonderful at KRNM this Saturday:
"...BBQ is free to all RV'rs"

:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but am in the same boat as OP and a lot of others along the way: I'm finishing up my PPL out of KEMT with about 80 hours (long story involving a 20-year break from flying) and have become very interested in eventually getting into a -4 or a -6/-6A. Probably would be looking to buy flying rather than build.

Is there anyone in the LA area who'd be willing to take me up in their -4 or -6 and share some insights, experience, and wisdom with a fledgling pilot? I would of course be happy to pay for gas and expenses.

Thanks in advance to all!

-David

Last edited:
What?s Wrong With a 6?

I'm at SMO and just doing Private. Let me know if you want to go cruise the bay and need a passenger! Looking to get a 7 or 7a.

If you get a ride in Heiner?s 6 you might consider a 6 to fill that look.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but am in the same boat as OP and a lot of others along the way: I'm finishing up my PPL out of KEMT with about 80 hours (long story involving a 20-year break from flying) and have become very interested in eventually getting into a -4 or a -6/-6A. Probably would be looking to buy flying rather than build.

Is there anyone in the LA area who'd be willing to take me up in their -4 or -6 and share some insights, experience, and wisdom with a fledgling pilot? I would of course be happy to pay for gas and expenses.

Thanks in advance to all!

-David

Hi David, Check your PM's

Looking for demo flight in So Cal

Hi all,
I am recently retired, new to the site, and very interested in a RV-12 or 12is (more likely as a purchase than a build). I like what I have read and researched about the bird but have yet to sit in one or ride in one. I live in Fullerton, CA and wanted to know if anyone in the So Cal area that would be willing to help me out so I can make an informed decision. I would pay all expenses for any time in the air but even to view one would be more than I have done to this point. I've heard great things about this site and would appreciate anyone with a RV-12 willing to help out a fellow aeronautics enthusiast. Thank you.

Back