What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Bottom Rib Riveting

Ender

Step 7-09 has you cleco up the trailing edge which also clecoing the stiffners together.

My plan is to use the proseal method based on what I have read here (compared to tape). I also plan to use the angle iron method for keeping the TE straight.

The issue I am seeing in the future here is that 7-10 has you attached the spar assembly. There is a note that says in order to get the most aft rivets of the bottom most, left rib/skin, one will need to peel back the trailing edge.

This seems counter to trying to keep the TE straight. Not to mention the proseal isn't gonna let me peel anything, and leaving proseal out at the end seems counter intuitive.

I see a bunch of you folks have done the proseal method, how did you get those last few rivets on the left side?

If the idea is to attach the spar assembly early, I'm worried about not having enough room to rivet the stiffners together (and with the stiffner bracket).

Note: I am aware of the "Gotcha" on the opposite side skin where the plans don't have you rivet the farthest aft rivet on the bottom rib. I took care of that when back riveting the attach strip and rib to the right skin.

Thanks in advance!

Back