What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

first sunset

bwestfall

Well Known Member
I'm at the 98% done 98% to go stage. Moved my kit, #40579, to the airport a week and a half ago after 13+ years. I was working a long afternoon into the night at the hangar final assembling the tail and I looked up and this caught my eye. Can't wait to do this shot again soon accompanied with the smell of burnt avgas, heat waves rising off the cowl and the subtle ticking sound of the engine cooling after shutdown!

sunset.jpg

Worthwhile

Congrats Ben! Your years of hard work and sacrifice will be worthwhile. The feeling you got with that sunset is a glimpse into the future. Many more fantastic experiences are around the corner.

Must be very exciting at that stage. I hope to be there in late October. Been in sanding he!! for the last month with f/g work and paint prep. Ready to be done now.

Larry

I was visiting KCOE and was taking an Uber from the airport to Cracker Barrel when I saw your project being towed to the airport. Congrats on the big move!!

I was visiting KCOE and was taking an Uber from the airport to Cracker Barrel when I saw your project being towed to the airport. Congrats on the big move!!

Wow! That's pretty small world. Where did you fly in from? Next time go a bit farther and try Le Peep's they make a pretty decent breakfast. Several other great places around too.

Last edited:
Awesome .. I get up to COE somewhat often between May & September. Next time through, I'll shoot you a message. I'd love to see your build.

Back