What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB 14-02-03 superseded by SB 14-02-05 (elev cracks)

RPCoates

Just noted the revised SB on Van's page - answers the question as to whether or not the SB should be done preventatively ... In short the answer is no.

May answer some other questions too.

WoW! I am still doing the HS SB, and washers on the not flying yet elevators.

If it's pre inspection

My rv-7 is pre nspection.
I will do the hs SB
Do i understand that i don't have to do the evator sb even if i still have access to the back. ( only one side of the skin is riveted to allow pre covered inspection in canada.

Mothership

I gave the Mothership a call to discuss this "should I/shouldn't I" issue. Tech support firmly recommended I not apply the elevator SB unless I find a crack in the future: The odds of cracks ever appearing are just that low.

However, since I'm still in the build process, they said it is wise to go ahead and apply the SB kit to my stabilizer...just get 'er done. That's my new plan.

Crack Found - SB 14-02-05

Found this crack in an RV4 elevator.
A new one was being built already to replace it, but this has increased the pace of that work.

JWfhwQihQinTVCqcdn93oqQPAip39cauHaDcCzh2Nn4z88LDog0xAjHrEr3Ao4--fMOqwftpTmWI-TbGmFnq_V15HVJJ1XJcjTbZtnxe8hqnMDFp74XhfwWCisSThEDAdynPPoDFD3m7Gx817zJ1sU5A1_KEn5bfeA8i5cVVjEho8AUxL6GwZa-wJM7DE9TTZAgixJ9pUljGW_sX6mn4Mw4Lb2iOYEzPaSeMWdKpqDOyJuCuCCPNBauY741JOoacdX9yTLo9sInhxH7diabfQmJ_IAlp1HLdfhDNmmCT9nMvVVw1ghxyYaw5rIWn1y27OnioNPNvYPdE37js4Xu06zQxkJvf_W2-sAClyn2vRsAQ2rE9UOIyhLyuQq2mc60XBuLTcwAn9FmSF_erNbaVpX0sSjdQc5Z52vn3hv3ywUHbrDt1ztiN7vU8tPGFDB_WjKKZ02rGUFCCFdaxKlCaFQlDzg_cEKHiOna4hF5I9m84i9K8tUuAeSAW8lB5cnKvpApOKiuAWfOW2JQnjRcPd_ztQ1Y9d4Ub330lnfBjtcGklTt97NGJYY72AL01RSvSlsZWf_opLbfKCzhClXJufKlp52mPBZPicDz7tuxw=w1024-h768-no

Thanks

Thanks for posting this and reminding us to keep looking!
I do not have a -4 but that picture seems to show a custom fabricated gusset?

Can't see the photo

Why can some people see the photo, and some can't?

All I see is a gray circle with a white bar in it.

???????

Back