What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prep for fuselage arrival

PrescottB787

Getting the fuselage soon (before the wings) and would like to know if there is anything I need or need to do prior to its arrival? Thanks

I assume you're talking a quick-build fuselage. Do you have a cradle or some other padded structure to set it on for work? The cradle I built rose the bottom of the fuse about knee high off the floor. You might look into a rotisserie.

Getting the fuselage soon (before the wings) and would like to know if there is anything I need or need to do prior to its arrival? Thanks

This is what I had ready.

cart.jpg

fuselage.jpg

I got the idea from here.

The -10 fuselage is pretty heavy. You'll need a buddy or two to move it.

The cradle I built for mine sat the spar carry through on the rails of a ladder type structure and used the steel tube that goes through the step structure as the aft support. IMO, lower is better for the fuselage cradle.

Lift

I have mine on a mid rise car lift. I will say it has been very convenient. I can adjust height with a press of a button for comfortable working. I will work great for installing the gear and doing the wheel pants because I can just lift the whole airframe whenever I need. Best of all when the -10 is done you can use it to change oil in the cars 😉

Back