What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Fly-In... Time to have some FUN!

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
RV-1_FlyIn.jpg
HicksAirfield.jpg

Last edited:
If you've helped, wanted to help (and couldn't match up the times) or just want to see the RV-1 and you're within reach of Fort Worth - this is the time to do it folks! the Tour begins at Sun 'n Fun, the airplane will head that way at LEAST a week early, and then it may very well not make it back this way before roosting in Oshkosh at the end of July.

Let's hope for good weather on the 3rd - we haven't had a good RV fly-in around here for awhile!

Paul

Weekend Refresh...

for those that may have missed the announcement.
Hicks Airfield (T67) Next Saturday

Everyone is welcomed... especially kids!
Can you fit in the RV-1?
Stop by and give it a try! ...and don't forget your camera.

RV-1_FlyIn.jpg

Bump....Bump....Bump.....

The weather looks like it is going to be GREAT tomorrow ... Saturday ... you know, a day to go fly your RV! So Texans, OKlahomans...heck, everyone come on and fly over for lunch, kick the tires, see if you fit in the RV-1!

Hey, I bet it would even be a nice run from New Mexico...Arnkansas...Kansas... :)

Lotsa Fun

DSCF2638.jpg

What's not to like. Good weather, a very historic airplane, lots of RV folk and a place to eat and tell lies.​

DSCF2656.jpg

Lots of people got the chance to try her on. It is kind of an unusual fit.

DSCF2637.jpg

Paul Dye waggles the wings as he goes by.

DSCF2658.jpg

It was good to see people I don't see often.

DSCF2644.jpg

Ernie trying one of Tanya's RV-1 cookies, baked just for the occasion.

DSCF2648.jpg

DSCF2653.jpg

I fit, but with the knees bent more than is really comfortable. (Louise Hose photo)

DSCF2665.jpg

Unbelievably, the airplane is said to track just fine on the ground.

DSCF2674.jpg

DSCF2703.jpg

Always lots to see enroute.

Real nice day!​

Back