What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manifold Pressure install.

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I recently installed two P-Mags into my RV-8 (O-360 fixed pitch). Up until this point I had not had any manifold pressure sensor, only a broken primer copper line running off #3 that had been crimped off. Seeing as the P-Mags use manifold pressure input, I simply cut the end of the primer line and used that as a high temp run-off to connect to the silicon tubing provided by E-Mag in the kit. From there I used a T-split to route that to both P-Mags. I am not fully satisfied with this setup and seeing as eventually I will be going to a C/S prop in the near future, I'd like to do a proper manifold pressure install.

What is the recommended setup for this? Parts, fittings, sizes, etc. I have the manifold pressure receptacle that came with my Dynon EMS already. Are there kits available? For a situation like mine, is using one primer port to provide pressure reading for 2 Pmags and a Manifold pressure gauge fine? Can you combine to manifold ports into one or does that have an additive effect on the manifold pressure readings?

Looking for suggestions and ideas that is best for my setup. Much appreciated!

Wingnut

Tom at TSFlightLines (VAF advertiser and all around good guy) can help with a professional setup.

Back