What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Strobe and Jello .......... Gone !

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I have been speaking with Snake River Prototyping and they kindly sent me their latest adapter and filter for the GoPro 3.

They have a new neutral density filter - a ND8/CP which fits one of their clip on mounts for the GoPro.

Installation takes seconds.

I flew today in late evening light and was very impressed with the results.

What seems to be happening here is the neutral density filter is forcing the GoPro into a slower shutter speed which is losing the strobe/jello problems.

I was happy with the definition, color and contrast of the video.

I am not connected with or have affiliations with Snake River Prototyping, however I am very grateful to them for allowing me to try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwYzDpu2Gd0&feature=youtu.be

http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/

Last edited:
I don't see an ND8/CP filter on their site. I assume this is a neutral density filter and circular polarizer in one filter?

Self incrimination

Maybe you should get a filter that prevents someone from the FAA observing you performing aerobatics with a passenger and no parachutes and doing rolls within a cloud.

Does the FAA rule the skies of England too?

Bevan

No, but England is trying to rule the skies of the world by charging Carbon tax whilst flying over non-EU airspace :mad:

But, hey! That was a cool video and almost looked like no engine up front!

I'll have to check to see if they have something for the Hero2.

You know, you guys are making the cost of my build increase every time you post this kind of stuff! Blast it, I had a nice simple build planned. Now just because of you lot I have to install a camera or two AND smoke. And Van's is complicit too! Eight week lead time before they ship my fuselage kit? Holy cow, by then I'll have started building a Sopwith or Nieuport or something to pass the time.

Sigh...

:rolleyes:

You know, you guys are making the cost of my build increase every time you post this kind of stuff! Blast it, I had a nice simple build planned. Now just because of you lot I have to install a camera or two AND smoke. And Van's is complicit too! Eight week lead time before they ship my fuselage kit? Holy cow, by then I'll have started building a Sopwith or Nieuport or something to pass the time.

Sigh...

:rolleyes:

Don't forget the cost of giving everyone on this forum a free ride in your every time someone helps you :D

I just know this video is going to get me in trouble. I am not sure exactly how yet... but I just get this prickly feeling....

But, it was a hoot to watch tonight !!! And I hate wobbly props, almost as much as boring video with loud music.

This was fun.

I stand corrected

Mike,

Please accept this apology for my criticism of your flying without parachutes. This is an often berated rule here in the colonies, and I did not notice that you were flying in England (where it is rumored that we have a common language).

Truth be told, it is a beautiful video and obviously some beautiful flying. Thank you for your contribution to the RV community. Come see us at OSH.

Hi Steve,

No apology needed - it is an oft missed thingy.

I changed the video for a different one which I think is slightly better.

Can't do OSH this year - did SnF instead but have it pencilled for 2015

I am fully fluent in US English which really confuses my Wife when we go on vacation

:D

Btw, I changed the original video, the current one is better but shall we say less contentious.....:rolleyes:

If you want the original - email me a snail mail address.........;)

Back