What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control cable wire grip ACS 05-16001 review?

azrv6

Well Known Member
Anyone have experience with the control cable wire grip, Spruce part number 05-16001, picture below?

I think I used one of these about 20 years ago on the cable to the prop governor on my RV6 and the cable broke where it was clamped to the wire grip. But, the truth is, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, so I'm not really sure about my memory of this wire grip. It would work great on an application I have now, but I'd like to find some positive experiences with it.

wire%20grip.jpg

Thanks, Dave

I have one of these on my carb heat cable for 15 years, still no problem. However I read of that problem back in the day when I put it on. The change I did, which might have saved me from a broken cable, was I debured the clamping end to make sure it didn't bite/nick (?) the cable.

I used one of these for my carb heat control. After the cable failed 2x right at the clamp, I changed to another method of terminating the cable. Failures were in less than 50 hrs.

Back