What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowl Camloc interference with rv10 engine mount - help!

sritchie

Well Known Member
Hey all,

Well, I should have read the forums for pitfalls. I've installed my flanges for my milspec camloc cowl installation, and I've just found that four of the flanges are placed so that the camloc receptacles will JUST interfere with the engine mount! (One of the four has a bit more overlap.)

I might be able to shift the location of the camloc on the flange for at least two of these, but I thought I'd ask, in case that's not possible -

Does anyone know of a lower profile camloc receptacle that I could use that wouldn't interfere with the engine mount?

Of course I can always just go with countersunk screws at these four locations, but I'd love to have a consistent look and camloc mechanism if possible.

Thanks all in advance!

Camlocs

I had to move a couple of mine for being alittle overzealous. No harm no foul. Just shift a couple to maintain spacing and clearance. Only you will know. Well and all of us too.😉

Something to keep in mind, where they interfere with the lower mounts, you might just leave those out, I have the same issue and that is my plan, my top ones aren't interfering so can't help you on those.

Floating recepticals or fixed? Fixed aren't as deep. I switched to fixed, moved the hole up 1/4" and ground a bit off one side of the receptical. My clearance is enough for a couple of human hairs but a miss is as good as a mile.

Back