What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone have a Dynon EMS harness laying around?

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
I was wondering if anyone had a harness laying around that you could take a pic of or tell me which wire pairs are twisted. The manual doesn't say which wires are twisted and I have a fair bit of wire left over and would like to make my own instead of dropping $130 bucks on one when I could make it for about 50. Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about the sensor harness or the network harness? For the sensor harness I don't think anything was twisted. For the network it is the send/receive pairs. The old dynon manual had a separate section on diy wiring. I havent looked for it in the newest manual.

Are you talking about the sensor harness or the network harness? For the sensor harness I don't think anything was twisted. For the network it is the send/receive pairs. The old dynon manual had a separate section on diy wiring. I havent looked for it in the newest manual.

I'm looking for the main 37 pin connector (not the 25 pin egt/cht connector or the 9 pin network). I have found far away pics that look like there is a lot of twisted pairs.

A number of the pairs are twisted but I don't remember which.
The simple thing to do is just twist any that are grouped together going to the same location (sensor).
It will not hurt anything if they didn't have to be twisted.

37 pin, there are several twisted pairs

I have an old harness that I am looking at --- when I bought a used EMS 120, it came with the old harness --- but, knowing my lengths would be different, I bought a new harness --- GREAT DECISION --- everything is color-coded to the installation manual, the connector is attached, and the install was really easy.

Ron

Back