What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jacking up a Rv6a

Tjrepella

I'm New Here
New to the Rvs and wanted to find out the best way to jack up a RV6a . I thought maybe from under the wing tie down but that may not be a good idea I'm not sure. Need help please.
Thanks in advance.

New to the Rvs and wanted to find out the best way to jack up a RV6a . I thought maybe from under the wing tie down but that may not be a good idea I'm not sure. Need help please.
Thanks in advance.

Jacking from the wing tie-down point works well. You can buy some nice jack-point adapters, or make your own. Just make sure whatever you do is nice and stable. A hole through the wing is the reward for a shoddy jack setup.

Yes, wing Jack points work well but be sure the aircraft is stable.

My preference is to use the modified main wheel axel nuts. This allows you jack up the aircraft by just a few inches to get the wheels off vs the foot or so if using the wing jack points. The nose wheel can be raised with a scissors jack under the nose wheel fork nut.

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to blow off your inquiry but there are several threads in the archives from the last year of so about jacking the RVs.

Use the Search engine and the word "jack" in "Thread Title" to find several useful threads. Enjoy your new RV!

Last edited:
For jacking mains, I use jack points in wing tie down holes. For jacking front, I use a tie down in back with ratchet strap with main wheels chocked.

Jacking using the wing tie down points or lifting at the gear leg both work well.
What is best depends on what work is needing to be done.
E.I., jacking during a condition inspection using the gear leg will allow for removal and/or inspection of the wheel assembly but it does not allow for checking the attachment of the leg to the fuselage (check for play/looseness, etc.)

Back