What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vernier Throttle Cable

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I am wanting to go to the RV12 vernier throttle cable and from searching this forum, it appears Vans are selling them perhaps, but I cannot find it in their parts listing. What am I missing?

Not sure if this is the same but I bought a "McFarland" vernier from Lockwood a couple years ago and it worked flawlessly with the 912S.

Here you go buddy. You have to call and order it over the phone, it is not in the online catalog. When you get it be careful not to unscrew the the friction knob all the way out during the install.;)

https://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/revisions/RV-12/Section_50.pdf

This sounds like one of those "don't ask me how I know" things. :confused: I will say that they can actually be put back together if you happen to do that. "Don't ask me how I know"! :(

Jim

Me too!

When you do it, try not to lose the small bullet-shaped things. I did, and had to order replacements...

Nutplates in the center

Not exactly on topic, but related... I haven't figured out what the nut plates at the base of the center section are for. I thought maybe something related to the cables, but I haven't found it in the drawings. Anyone?

Nice use Alex. I'm making my whole panel new from a one piece for my lay out and wondered if I should bother with this. But cup holders are sexy...guess I'll add them.

Back