What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Someone Stole My FI?

SuperDave

My IO-320 has started acting like it no longer is fuel injected. It all started during a roll and the engine quit while inverted. Now it has started doing it more frequently when the G's go to zero or negative. But the weird part is it doesn't do it all the time. Has any body ever experienced this?
The first time it happened I landed and looked to make sure somebody hadn't done an elaborate prank and removed my FI and installed a carb.:D
There is a flop tube in the fuselage tank and the typical Bendix FI system with NO drop in fuel pressure when it occurs. The engine quits immediately when G is removed and starts right up when G is back. The pressure reading comes off the servo so the only thing that makes sense to me is the problem would be after the servo.
Any thoughts or remedies would be appreciated.

Flop tube... Wait a minute, what kind of airplane are we talking about? "Fuselage tank"?

May not be fuel related.... maybe a loose connection/wire is killing your ignition with zero to negative G.

Back