What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Annual My Place 3OH7 Cardington, OH Farm Fly In

Piper J3

Well Known Member
This is the best Fly-In ever. Absolutely top notch. This will be my third year attending. It would be great to have a few 12's show up...

Sounds like pretty much, heaven. Too bad my bird is not quite ready... Someday!

Right... 3OH7 is 65nm SW with 12 knots headwind going. Winds will build a little throughout the morning and we should zip on the return flight. I'm flight planning 2500 MSL going and 7500 MSL return. Temp is forecast 39F so I have plugged in the engine preheater and will warm the engine for 90 minutes. I have also installed the middle range baffle for the oil cooler.

Should be excellent day...

Right... 3OH7 is 65nm SW with 12 knots headwind going. Winds will build a little throughout the morning and we should zip on the return flight. I'm flight planning 2500 MSL going and 7500 MSL return. Temp is forecast 39F so I have plugged in the engine preheater and will warm the engine for 90 minutes. I have also installed the middle range baffle for the oil cooler.

Should be excellent day...

Enjoy, I am jealous, it's not so common here in So CA to have these types of opportunities.

Maybe video some of the flight to and from and post up on YouTube?

I?ll be there with my RV-10. Stop by and say hello. I?ll be setting up the Young Eagles computers after breakfast and running the event after lunch.

They?re forecasting frost in the area until 9:00am. I?m planning on arriving around 7:30am. I?m hoping the wind is calm so I can land on 6. The other end has 50? trees. I?d rather not deal with the frost and the trees.

We launched at 7:30 am Civil Twilight. Beautiful sunrise and totally clear to the horizon. A bit slow at 2500 MSL with 38 knots headwind directly off the nose. Had a wonderful time - lots of airplanes and folks drove in from Cardington. Unbelievable hospitality. Friendly people, fantastic food, unbeatable weather. Came home at 7500 MSL and showed 193 mph ground speed for the RV-12. Never saw that before...

Several photos here in a shared folder... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fYS0SALvi_IRgHOscpFMisj5Leh9BPo9?usp=sharing

Back