What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO 320 AFP installation

Bert

I'm New Here
Does anyone have pictures of their AFP fuel injection system with purge valve pictures.
I would like to locate my fire wall pentitration location for the fuel lines and mixture, throttle, and purge vavle cables.

This is the only one I could find at the moment...
RV7A, O360

IMG_6232.jpg

same here:

IMG_2024.JPG

For your purge line FW penetration you need to drill where it is most suitable on the backside.
A hose from the purge valve will fit to almost any location on the forward side of the firewall.
Fuel lines and actuator cable are also somewhat dictated by where the throttle quadrant and the fuel selector are located in the cockpit.
You can just follow Van's instructions on the fuel lines and actuator cables.

IIRC, there have been some issues with clamp-on end fittings on solid push-pull wire:

Note the 10-32 threaded aircraft push-pull in Walt's photo. Bet a dollar the cabin end includes a lock button too.

Good Eye Dan

Went right out to the airport and fixed it.

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

Seriously now, that was an early picture and replaced during the 40 hour test phase before it failed.
The cable is a .063 McFarlane actuator cable without threads.
It is pinched between 2 washers and through the bolt, sandwiched inside the fork end. With the addition of a return spring, the worst thing that could happen is it would stay in the on position.
I'll still buy both of you a beer if I ever meet you:)

Back