What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 fuel filters

mlgpilot

I'm New Here
I am doing a Condition Inspection on a customers RV-9(he is not the builder) and found that the builder has installed a fuel filter in the output of each tank in the cabin just before the fuel valve. My question is, do I need to drain the tanks to pull the filters? It looks like with full tanks, if I open either fuel line the fuel "head" will pump fuel into the cabin.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

Yep, you would have a cockpit floor full of fuel I bet.

By the way, the plans don't call for any filters there.

I am doing a Condition Inspection on a customers RV-9(he is not the builder) and found that the builder has installed a fuel filter in the output of each tank in the cabin just before the fuel valve. My question is, do I need to drain the tanks to pull the filters? It looks like with full tanks, if I open either fuel line the fuel "head" will pump fuel into the cabin.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

I have the same setup, but have small shut-off valves before the filters. To answer your question, Yes you need to empty the tanks. And it will then, be ideal time to install shut-off valves. I used rubber fuel line between the valve - filter - fuel selector.

Michel

Back