What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static Ports

tcoons

I'm New Here
I installed the SteinAir static ports one bulkhead forward of where Van's wants them. I went by a photo in the SteinAir instructions. In their defense, they do say to put them where the manufacturer wants them. I called Van's, and they said this is a common problem, and that they have no data on what if any problems this causes. In fact, the Van's pop rivet supplied instructions point to the forward bulkhead, rather than the one in the plans. Does anyone have data on this forward location working well or not? RV-9A

I made the same mistake, and was told similar. I think I heard this was the location used on the RV6. For that reason I don't think it will be a deal killer. If there are issues, it doesn't seem like a huge problem to relocate, but I won't mess with it unless it is an issue.

Chris

Classic Vans ?

Yes, if you search the archives it addresses both locations and pilots comments. The instructions (handwritten) still seem to come with the static kit, and duplicate instructions are in the plans. The hand drawn ones (location) are a hold over from the RV6. It is one bulkhead further forward.

I will look to see if I can find a URL. Yep - http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=97509

Remember this is about a 7 not a 9, so the effects may be different. The thread has two builders say the forward location caused issues.

Last edited:
Back