What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-904 assembly

tjo

Well Known Member
I?m confused on this assembly:
Background - I bought QB wings second hand and a SB fuse from Vans. The wing kit did not have the F-904 with it, the previous builder deleted it from his order.

So I had to order the center section from Vans. I called them and they sent me an email list of parts to order. I ordered and received the parts. They are all separate, but reading the plans it implies that the 905F bars come pre drilled and pre assembled to the 904A and 904B bulkheads. Mine are just bare aluminum bar.

Are they supposed to be pre assembled? If not, where are the instructions for drilling and assembling them?

Tim

yes, they are assembled

I?m confused on this assembly:
Background - I bought QB wings second hand and a SB fuse from Vans. The wing kit did not have the F-904 with it, the previous builder deleted it from his order.

So I had to order the center section from Vans. I called them and they sent me an email list of parts to order. I ordered and received the parts. They are all separate, but reading the plans it implies that the 905F bars come pre drilled and pre assembled to the 904A and 904B bulkheads. Mine are just bare aluminum bar.

Are they supposed to be pre assembled? If not, where are the instructions for drilling and assembling them?

Tim

Hi Tim

Yes, the fore and aft centre sections are an assembly that have the top and bottom already attached to the centre web and drilled out. They have to be drilled out in a jig because they need to have perfect alignment to any wing pair. They also get their own serial number. The small vertical bars do have to be rivetted on as do the 904C L&R and a few other bits.

Yes, call back VANS because it seems they thought you were ordering parts, not the centre section. They do sell those part individually.

Cheers.

Back