What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlyEFII install

smt6

Well Known Member
FlyEFII System 32 install

On a recent start, I came to discover that my Ellison TB had become gummed up and was not delivering fuel. I was away from base and at a busy commercial airport with little resources for help.

One of my first calls was to FlyEFII, who suggested I first check the Ellison. I was stubborn and tried a different gascolator and a couple of other potential easier parts. Robert @ EFII turned out to be correct.

Rather than spend money to overhaul the TB, I decided to go with the FlyEFII fuel injection system. I already had their ignition system, so the process would be smoother, which was nice, because I was AOG away from home.

The plug and play of the FlyEFII System 32 product combined with the customer support is unparalleled in this industry. I genuinely wish other companies would take note and stand behind their products like FlyEFII does.

My plane has become safer, while seeing steady increases in power, or really just unleashing the power that was there. Pre ignition, I was seeing 160 KTAS. After the injection install, I saw 176 KTAS.

Thanks again to the team at FlyEFII for getting me back airborne. Check them out for your ignition/injection solutions.

https://www.flyefii.com

Last edited:
Production Versions?

Is FlyEFII shipping production versions of their System 32 or do you have a Beta test unit? I?m looking at both of the better known systems trying to make a determination which (if either) to install on the RV-10 we are building.

Fuel flow

On a recent start, I came to discover that my Ellison TB had become gummed up and was not delivering fuel. I was away from base and at a busy commercial airport with little resources for help.

One of my first calls was to FlyEFII, who suggested I first check the Ellison. I was stubborn and tried a different gascolator and a couple of other potential easier parts. Robert @ EFII turned out to be correct.

Rather than spend money to overhaul the TB, I decided to go with the FlyEFII fuel injection system. I already had their ignition system, so the process would be smoother, which was nice, because I was AOG away from home.

The plug and play of the FlyEFII System 32 product combined with the customer support is unparalleled in this industry. I genuinely wish other companies would take note and stand behind their products like FlyEFII does.

My plane has become safer, while seeing steady increases in power, or really just unleashing the power that was there. Pre ignition, I was seeing 160 KTAS. After the injection install, I saw 176 KTAS.

Thanks again to the team at FlyEFII for getting me back airborne. Check them out for your ignition/injection solutions.

https://www.flyefii.com

Is your 16 knot speed increase for the same fuel flow and density altitude?

Request

Seeing about 1.2gph increase based on initial data

Would you be willing to do a test flight? Since you have an airplane before and after System32, I would like to see your percentage change in two regions.

Find a Density Altitude from a previous flight, run your current configuration at the same MAP/RPM and find the TAS and fuel flow difference. Then run that same flight at the fuel flow of the previous configuration and list the speed difference.

Thank you

Last edited:
System32

System32 kits are shipping now.
We have about a 60 day lead time currently due to back orders. But we are working on catching back up to our standard 30 day lead time.

Robert

Last edited:
Would you be willing to do a test flight? Since you have an airplane before and after System32, I would like to see your percentage change in two regions.

Find a Density Altitude from a previous flight, run your current configuration at the same MAP/RPM and find the TAS and fuel flow difference. Then run that same flight at the fuel flow of the previous configuration and list the speed difference.

Thank you

Give me about a week. Still doing test flights trying to nail down my fuel flow K Factor since that was way off with the removal of red cube. I have all my G3X data so it shouldn?t be hard to compare once K factor is correct

System32 kits are shipping now.
We have about a 60 day lead time currently due to back orders. But we are working on catching back up to our standard 30 day lead time.

Robert

When will the System 32 installation and operating manual be available for download?

Back