What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aeromomentum AM20T

Chippster1

Does anyone out there know anything about this engine?
Any flying in a 10?
Like everything else, it sounds good on paper-260HP turbo and 315lbs
Advertised as drop in installation w standard Lyc dimensions and Lycoming Dynafocal mounts.

Would love to start a conversation about this one!

Ted Chipps
RV10
N498EC

Though I like how Mark at AM is going about this, I'd advise you not to the the first one to put one in a -10. Wait for a few years of feedback and success before you decide.

Last edited:
I personally know Mark and his capabilities so if it is anything like he says it is, it will be a game changer.

:cool:

Mark is doing things right compared to most others who've preceded him in this field and he's got the proper engineering background to do it too. That being said, only actual test and flight time validate what he's producing. Same goes for any new offering, even from Lycoming, Rotax or Continental.

The core Hyundai engine is among the most stringently tested in the auto industry so that a good basis. The other parts added to make it spin a prop in an aircraft also need to be proven. Here, Mark has quite a bit of experience with lower powered engines at least.

I wish him luck and hope these really will be a game changer.

Last edited:
Back