What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring PM2000 to KMA24 - help!!!

chris mitchell

Well Known Member
I am trying to rewire an RV-8. The avionics stack is a colection of old-ish Bendix King equipment. I have rewired/ reconnected everything but I am completely stumped(sorry - is that an English expression?) by the connections between the PM2000 intercom and the KMA24 audio panel.

THer is a 25-pin D-sub connection to the PM2000 that as far as I can see contains all the power, ground, microphone, headphone and PTT connections from the PM2000 to the aircraft. There are some additonal wires emerging from this connector that should go to the audio panel.

Looking at the KMA 24 pin-out diagram, the likely candidates are pin 3, headphones, pin Y, mic key in and pin 8, mic audio in. There is also pin 22 speaker ground.

I ambaffled by the PM2000 pin out and which pins I should use. Previously I have wired a Pm2000 but without the audio panel.

Can anyone give me a little guidance please? Maybe I should add that the wiring previously was a total basket case with lots of excess wire, connections that fell apart, very poor reception/transmission, no strain relief etc etc I could go on but you get the point!

Thanks

Chris

Pin-Out

Here is the basic connections,
The KMA-24 pin 3 to PM2000 pin 14 (Headphone audio)
The KMA-24 pin 8 to PM2000 pin 25 (Mic Audio)
The KMA-24 pin Y to PM2000 pin 12 (Key, Push-to-talk)

Back