What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Pictures To Use On Website

tgraytn

Good afternoon everyone,

I am new to this forum and a new RV-8 kit builder to be! I am building a website in advance while I'm waiting on the kit parts and would like to have some finished RV-8 images that I can include on the home page image scroller. However, the last thing I want to do is "hi-jack" someones picture without their permission so does anyone have any suggestions on where I can obtain these?

Thanks a lot!

Tom

Here's a few possibilities to start you off....

Just coming up to one year since its first flight....

Yup the smile's still there...

Good luck with your build...

Having been a commercial photographer, I appreciate you trying to do things right. Today with so many pictures taken of planes at airshows or other public places, it is pretty much a free for all. If I were building a website and wanted to use photos of other RVs, I would acknowledge the owner and title the page something like "Great RV Planes". Everyone likes to be patted on the back!

Good luck with your build. If you have half as good of a time as I have, you are in for a treat.

I've always kind of liked these photos I took of Paul Dye's Valkyrie taken at Big Bend Ranch State Park in 2007. You are welcome to use them with credit.

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

I've always kind of liked these photos I took of Paul Dye's Valkyrie taken at Big Bend Ranch State Park in 2007. You are welcome to use them with credit.

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

Thanks Larry! These are great!! Much appreciated!

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES! I'm really looking forward to being a member of this forum!!

Last edited:

OK, that's funny.
I am reaching that point in my fuselage build where I need to think about how I am going to paint the interior which means I need to figure out how I am going to paint the exterior. I am working with the folks at Scheme Designers and one of the schemes they sent struck me when I looked at it a couple days ago. I liked it, the lines flowed well and I thought the color combo was good but there was just something very familiar about it. Couldn't figure it out until I saw this pic and it reminded me. I saw Paul's plane at OSH a couple years ago. If you swapped the position of the red and the black you would pretty much have it.

Back