What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KitLog

Thanks Todd! I just sent him a message via his email link so hopefully I will hear from him.

I have a couple of test entries that I made and then deleted them from the software. However, they still appear on my Kitlog webpage.

Also, a box always appears when I launch the program letting me know that an update is available (Kitlog update 3-12-06). When I click YES to install these updates, I immediately receive an error update box stating "Unable to download updates..."

Thanks!

Tom

Kitlog

Whatever changes you make on your computer will stay there until you upload the most recent changes to kitlog.

Have you done that yet?

Don

Whatever changes you make on your computer will stay there until you upload the most recent changes to kitlog.

Have you done that yet?

Don

Thanks Don. I have only made two test entries into the program and then deleted them so therefore there isn't anything for me to upload to kitlog. I did try uploading the "deletes" but was unsuccessful. I have purchased an RV-8 kit, received it and getting ready to start the documentation process. I wanted to make a couple of test entries prior to starting with actual documentation. I would just like to have them deleted prior to uploading actual data. Thanks!!

Thanks Don. I have only made two test entries into the program and then deleted them so therefore there isn't anything for me to upload to kitlog. I did try uploading the "deletes" but was unsuccessful. I have purchased an RV-8 kit, received it and getting ready to start the documentation process. I wanted to make a couple of test entries prior to starting with actual documentation. I would just like to have them deleted prior to uploading actual data. Thanks!!

It's a long story, but I believe he disabled deletes awhile back due to some issues.

I would just create a deleted group, move them to there, and continue with your build.

Just looked at your site

Hey Tom,

When youre ready to add a log, just replace or overwrite your current log and th upload it again...should work.

Don

Hey Tom,

When youre ready to add a log, just replace or overwrite your current log and th upload it again...should work.

Don

Thanks everyone for your input! Greatly appreciated! I cannot edit or overwrite them because they do not exist on my program. I deleted them from the KitLog program that is installed on my PC just fine, they are just still appearing in the web version. I cannot figure out how to remove or overwrite them. Hopefully he will return my calls or emails soon...

Not being able to delete entries turned out to be part of the problem with me thinking that my kitlog program would not connect to the Internet (along with the fact that a pop up box tells me it needs to be connected to the Internet...). Even though I deleted a couple of entries with upside down photos, they didn't get deleted from the online page.

Once we figured out what was going on, Matt asked me to specify which entries I wanted deleted and he would take care of it manually at his end. I've not been been working on the RV due to some other projects, and haven't yet taken the time to respond.

Not being able to delete entries turned out to be part of the problem with me thinking that my kitlog program would not connect to the Internet (along with the fact that a pop up box tells me it needs to be connected to the Internet...). Even though I deleted a couple of entries with upside down photos, they didn't get deleted from the online page.

Once we figured out what was going on, Matt asked me to specify which entries I wanted deleted and he would take care of it manually at his end. I've not been been working on the RV due to some other projects, and haven't yet taken the time to respond.

Thanks Miles! Just curious, how did you go about getting Matt to respond?

I had the same frustrating experience getting service also when I had the issue. Finally after about 3 weeks I received a note. I had a difficult following the instructions provided. However of greatest help was my computer guy. He recovered it in 15 minutes for me. I couldn't tell you how he did it, but if you would like I can hook you up with him. Send me a private message with contact information. Subsequently I have printed out my entire log. It fills a 3 ring binder and I am not quite finished with the product.

Actually now I see your issue is deleting a file. Mine was I couldn't access my file. Regardless accessing support was tedious. I suspect my computer guy could still help if you like.

Thanks Don! I didn't have that one so I will send to it as well. Being that everyone rants and raves about the service from Matt, he must be out of the office, on vacation etc.

I my opinion this is not an acceptable excuse for not receiving an automated reply! The only reason that I would accept is a family emergency where you didn't have time to setup any follow-on messages. I work in the Customer Support organization for one of the larger business jet manufactures and if I didn't leave both a phone and e-mail out-of-office message, with alternate contacts while I was away I would most likely be kicking rocks as I was walking down the road. We are in the 21st century and to not leave an automated message while being out or away is not acceptable.

Ok, I've given you my 2 cents and I'm done ranting.

I'm using Kitlog, and I've had some similar issues, but Matt will get back to you. It may take a few days, and it might take him a few tries to get deletions done, but he will get them done eventually. It's still somewhat of a wonky program, with the updates that don't happen, the program thinking you're offline when you are online, etc. Matt has sent me instructions for fixes, and they've only been partially successful so far... but I'm not certain that my computer isn't contributing. I manage to make it work well enough.

I had the same frustrating experience getting service also when I had the issue. Finally after about 3 weeks I received a note. I had a difficult following the instructions provided. However of greatest help was my computer guy. He recovered it in 15 minutes for me. I couldn't tell you how he did it, but if you would like I can hook you up with him. Send me a private message with contact information. Subsequently I have printed out my entire log. It fills a 3 ring binder and I am not quite finished with the product.

Thanks a lot Dennis! PM coming to you!

I my opinion this is not an acceptable excuse for not receiving an automated reply! The only reason that I would accept is a family emergency where you didn't have time to setup any follow-on messages. I work in the Customer Support organization for one of the larger business jet manufactures and if I didn't leave both a phone and e-mail out-of-office message, with alternate contacts while I was away I would most likely be kicking rocks as I was walking down the road. We are in the 21st century and to not leave an automated message while being out or away is not acceptable.

Ok, I've given you my 2 cents and I'm done ranting.

I agree Curtis! I am a business owner myself and we pride ourselves in providing the very best customer service available! If you state in your message that someone will contact you in 24 hours, then they really need to be contacted within that time frame. I am disappointed that it has now been 96 hours and I haven't received any reply whatsoever.

KitLog Pro Responded

FYI: Matt just responded to my email and solved my issues! He also provided detailed steps regarding software updates and backing up my project. Thanks again Matt for your reply and thanks to all who have responded to my post!

Have a great weekend!!

Tom

Back