What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training RV-7A?

Gary's RV7A

I'm to the point that all I have left to do on the RV7A before the FAA inspection is to pull all the paperwork together... Before I schedule the inspection, I would like to ask for recommendation on who to use for transition training? I would prefer to do training in a RV7A with a CS prop, fuel injection and a glass panel (perferably G3X). You can guess what my airplane has... Anyway, the most important thing is the instructor! I live on the Eastside of Wisconsin. The weather is turning cold so I'm willing to travel someplace warm since it will be November soon. Thanks!

Congratulations!!

Cant help with the training, but sure can give a big congrats on getting to the point you need the training:D

Head South

Warm climate? Then Orlando, Florida is for you and Jan Bussell...one of the best. 561 628 2105.

Best,

head south

I concur with Pierre. Catch a flight to Orlando, rent a car and enjoy the drive south to Okeechobee. Jan comes highly recommended.

Jim Diehl 7A
Lock Haven, Pa.

training

Gary, Tom Berge in twin cities is very good. Has a 7A and not to far from you Ron

thanks for the suggestions!

You just got to love this site for all the helpful suggestions! Thanks for all the help. One more milestone (passing the inspection) and then the fun starts all over! What a great hobby...

transistion training

Pierre is right: go with Jan Bussell in FL. I flew USAir flight from DC to Orlando then drove a rental car to Okeechobee. In my 2000 plus hours I've never received such complete and focused transition training. In fact, I left FL for AZ where I picked up my new-to-me RV7 and flew her home to VA with confidence. Thank you Jan!!!

Robert

Back