What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

connecting stall warn to gma 245

SgtZim

Well Known Member
My email to "[email protected]" no longer goes through, so I tried their web based email thingy, but maybe folks here have done something similar:

I'm trying to ask the G3X guys how I should connect a "Van's Aircraft stall warning tone generator" to the GMA audio system? Van's instructions say basically - connect to the audio system. Not very helpful - since the diagram only shows the single line out from the board to connect to whatever. The Garmin manual shows all audio alert sources coming in pairs - hi and lo. So do I connect the "lo" feed to the ground at the tone generator board?

I don't want to blow out the GMA, and I saw others remark that the stall warning is pretty loud when fed straight into the headset - some use a resistor to tone it down. Might just leave it unconnected and use the AOA info from the G3X.

The "hi" is the input from the source. The "lo" is ground. Hook up your audio source output wire to the GMA245 input "hi" wire and ground the "lo".

Here is the wiring diagram from the GMA245 to the GI260 AOA audio output. A stall warning would be essentially the same with Lo going to ground. You would need to confirm the signal strength and add a resistor (or better yet a pot to be able to adjust the volume) if it is too strong.

Slide16.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back