What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OR or bust

mill2978

Well Known Member
We went out to OR/WA a few weeks ago and looked at the different areas, saw some homes, and looked at a lot of airports. Thanks all for the advice!

We are narrowing our search to the Willamette Valley, Southern edge of Portland to Albany/Lebanon. If anyone knows of airport homes on an acre+ that may be available please let me know, the realtors I've talked to are telling me there aren't any currently available.

We'll be back out this weekend, are there any EAA/Flyin events going on?

thanks

Aaron

There are buildable airpark lots available now at Independence State airport and last I looked there was at least one home on an airpark for sale in Battle Ground, WA (just north of Vancouver/Portland area).

On Saturday April 28th there's a Young Eagles rally at Lenhardt Airpark, weather permitting, starting at 10am. On Saturday May 5 there's the monthly fly-in pancake breakfast at Twin Oaks (7S3).

put this in zillow:

11905 NE 269th St,
Battle Ground, WA 98604
3 beds 3 baths 2,475 sqft

Bit further north - but as you may already know, Washington State has no State income tax where Oregon does. Oregon has no sales tax (you can always go shop there)...

The other known options in that are are Independence Airport. Lots aren't an acre. More like 1/3 of an acre. But nice airport and location and there are homes OR empty lots available I believe.

SkyDive Oregon would be ideal if you can find a lot/house.
Here is one VERY close to airport. Maybe you can convince them to allow a taxiway :) 32285 S Highway 213,
Molalla, OR 97038
5 beds 5 baths 5,199 sqft

S12

Last Saturday of the month Albany has an EAA hamburger grilling. Good weather gains a good number of planes coming for lunch. Good place to call home.

Parkside airpark

Hi Aaron. If you check the house at 11905 NE 269th St, Battle Ground, WA. Let me know (PM me) , I can show you around. Its on Parkside airpark and has a great community. 2.3 acre lots. Several RVs here.

There are two homes currently for sale at Parkside. However if you want, or need, to be South of Portland, this isn't a good option. Population growth and traffic have turned crossing town into an arduous journey.
I used to be able to get from Parkside to Canby in 45 minutes. Double that now or worse almost anytime of day.
The Central Valley is quiet and nice. Pastoral settings close to rivers, mountains, and the coast. Independance would be a nice option close to Salem and Corvallis and Portland is still accessible,
If you don't need to be south, Parkside is a dream airpark. 9 or 10 RV's here and more importantly 3 Buckers ;) We are an active flying community.

Time to find a hangar

We looked at Parkside last time, great area, but further south is where we need to be.

Back