What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Keep VAF online - please read, message from a member!

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am sure I speak for most for the members on the forum, this is a great tool and I am glad to be part of the VAF community. People are what make this group of pilots and builders special.

I challenge our members to not only pay early but if you didn?t know when you fill out the PayPal form it DOES NOT auto fill in $25 so you can add a little more keeping with the holiday spirit! Also think of any RVbuilders / owners that are not contributing annually and put a little pressure on them. (All in fun though :))

These are just my thoughts, but I personally would miss the daily view VAF. I don't know Doug personally but like the product he provides to all of us.

I went ahead and paid early, notice my signature now reads 2013 VAF Supporter + more

Happy holidays

Last edited:
Dues

I agree with David,not only has this site saved me money from not letting me make mistakes but also from buying parts from the classifieds at a reduced price and the help that is available here for the asking that sometimes is not available elsewhere.
The $25 donation asked for is a deal. I have made an additional donation to help keep this site and I too ask that if you visit this site, please become a member. If this site goes away, you will miss it. It is one of the best deals in aviation.

If this site goes away, you will miss it.

I agree 100% - so I've also gladly exceeded the requested donation for 2013.

I don't own nor have I built an RV but I sure do get alot of enjoyment reading this forum and dreaming of my own RV someday.

Just did my night requirements this very evening for my PPL so at least I'm getting closer! :D

Please donate

Anyone frequenting this site gets their $25 worth. Donate if you have not yet done so. Thanks Doug for what you do here. I appreciate your work.

Please Donate

I want to echo everyone. This site is invaluable to me as I get ready to start my build. I donated again today and I hope everyone will take a moment to think about what this site means to them and how it feeds their passion for these fine aircraft.

Thanks Doug!

Thnaks

Doug,

I just made my 2013 donation early and added a bit. I hope this helps. This resource is invaluable and great value for money. I'm addicted and ever so grateful.

Sincere thanks and happy Christmas to you and your family.

Erik

:D

I belong to the group that Doug states is exempt from the donation request, yet choose to donate yearly. The best $25 I ever invested!:)

I don't even have the ability to get a kit yet, but this site provides me way more than $25 worth of entertainment and knowledge. I figure if I can donate that small amount, anyone who has purchased an airplane surely can.

Well worth it!

I'm also exempt as per the definition, however, I paid in 2011 for both 2011/2012, and I plan on doing the same for 2013/2014. (I didn't update my signature to reflect that)

The information and support I have received so far from this site is well worth the tiny amount of $25 a year.

Thanks Doug!

FWIW

Cheers,

Don

Doug,

I just made my 2013 donation early and added a bit. I hope this helps. This resource is invaluable and great value for money. I'm addicted and ever so grateful.

D

I agree indeed. One of Van's selling points on RV's is their value: "what you get for the cost..." The same can certainly be applied to VAF. I subscribe to "Light Plane Maintenance", "Aviation Safety" & just about every other publication you can think of; and none of them can provide one with the information one needs/wants in the time frame provided by VAF. If you have a problem; you'll have some kind of guidance within 24 hours. We've all seen this demonstrated here on a daily basis.

Then, after all that, it provides countless "Grins & Giggles"!! COME ON:D

So, I donate twice a year, June & December. June because Doug is usually in panic mode (I regret to say) and December because its Christmas and I want someone who has done so much to make my life better, easier, enjoyable, etc., etc. ... to have a really enjoyable Christmas.

Just reducing it down to purely selfish reasons, we gotta keep Doug around & up & running:eek: I hope you have a wonderful year & Christmas Doug!!!

Cheers,

Keep vaf online

I also belong to the exempt group,retired volunteer firefighter, but gladly sent in $25.00 plus today. This is a great site, and I would miss it very much if it was not available each weekday. Thanks Doug and Merry Christmas to you and your fine family.

I'm exempted as a firefighter. But really $50 bucks a year is a small price to pay for the things this site has to offer! The least someone can give is the $25 asked. Let's help keep this great site online.. I know at some point every RV Builder will use it!!

ain't no other subscription like this...at any price!

go ahead and pickup a kitplanes or other aviation mag.
pay your $5.00
read the 5 pages that aren't ads, are applicable to you, or are just entertaining.
-
insert into recycling bin.
-
think about paying a dollar a page for the reading you are doing right now! :)
...except it's ALL entertaining, informative, and most likely can be
LIFE-SAVING! or .....'changing'..... to be sure!!!!

Ditto.

I'm sure that I am well above the average time spent on the site per day, per user. I look at this site every day, and usually more than once a day. Reason.... Because I'm building an RV-10, love reading about RVs and recognize many of the VAF folks as "online family." This site is one of the main reasons most people "pull the trigger" on RV purchases in the first place (i.e. support). Let's make sure we don't "pull the trigger" on 'ol Doug and his family. Without our pledges, the site can't continue.

I coughed up the voluntary dues when I was building because I gleaned so much from the absolute cornucopia of accumulated knowledge and wisdom possessed by the RV community here. I never contributed much (if anything) to that cornucopia, sadly.

Now that I'm done building and Smokey is flying, I continue to pay my annual contribution for the sole pleasure of continuing my friendship with fellow members of the VAF family.

And, like any other adolescent, irritate and agitate whenever possible. :D

I hope it's OK for me to ask that folks not start threads in the forums along the lines of 'People should donate!'. It's very important to me that this site raise funds the EXACT OPPOSITE WAY thousands of organizations do it. I'd ask that you simply read this entire page once a year or so, ask yourself if you think you are my target audience, and decide for yourself.

Is this thread going against Dougs rules? [ed. I'll allow this one! Donations are way down and we're getting close to the end of year. Bills cometh... dr (and THANK YOU to those who donate!!!!}]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just donated a few days ago.

I donated a few days ago. I've been using the board for a while and figured it was time.

Back