Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_JOY View Post
....Seems strange they would loan you a device rather than say "would you accept a overhauled/loaner unit as a warranty exchange for your unit?" ...
Hopefully that offer comes after he installs this one and they think he’s calm enough after all they’ve put him through.
RV-8 N52VM : Dynon D-180, GTX327, SL40, Garmin 496 GPS, AP74 Autopilot, Titan 0-360A1A2N, Nickel Coated Cylinders, 2 Slick mags (both impulse coupled), engine preheater, Hartzell Plane-Power alternator, Hartzell HC-C2YR-1BFP constant speed, blended airfoil

Exempt by 3 out of the 10 ways but I still donated.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:04 PM

Default Jeff got right back with me...

Jeff was great,

He seemed pleased to be brought back in the loop. I won’t say that the customer service experience has been good...it hasn’t been even remotely acceptable, but he emailed me and promised to make it right when it’s all done.

I agree, especially given that the loaner unit has a different antenna and tray, you’d think they’d just say, “register it and keep it,” but I am not asking them for an upgrade (this is)...I just want to be able to fly my **** airplane!

Scott
2002 Rans S7 Courier
Double exempt but happy to contribute! Dues paid 2016-2018
www.know-love.org
Old 09-29-2019, 05:53 PM

Which model are they sending you as a loaner? I'm very curious.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:47 PM

Default ELT 1000

They sent me a brand new ELT 1000. MFG date was 9/24/19. Jeff indicated that they have identified and will be making some corrections to ? some ? ELT 345s, and then they will replace mine. Again.

He was very gracious in his email, I'll report back when we get to the next step.
2002 Rans S7 Courier
www.know-love.org
Old 09-30-2019, 10:39 PM

Hmmm... very interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing this info, Scott, and for continuing to keep us updated.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:00 AM

Default I think (hope) the story is now over

After a few polite back and forth emails with Jeff, as he realized what a journey it has been to get to just replacing a unit so I could fly my airplane, he offered (and I accepted) to have me KEEP the loaner ELT1000, and yesterday I fedexed back their ELT345.

I've still got nothing good to say about the mid-level customer service experience...each time a lower (great) person handed me UP to the Customer Service Manager, progress stopped. Each time Jeff handed me back DOWN to the same Customer Service Manager, progress stopped.

Needless to say, if SHE worked for me, she would be available for employment on the competitive market.

That said, Jeff did what he said he would do, and I've got a legal (and upgraded) ELT in my aircraft. I hope it gives me lots of years of trouble free service!

Scott
2002 Rans S7 Courier
www.know-love.org