What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D2 Unreadable in Flight

lndwarrior

Well Known Member
I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my D2. Even with an over head sunshade the unit is completely unreadable on a sunny day.

I don't have polarizing sunglasses so that is not causing the issue and the screen brightness is up full.

I have this instrument that I bought to do one thing, and it simply doesn't work because it is completely unreadable in a canopy type aircraft.

So, are others finding the same thing?

Tia
Gary

D1 was ok

I had the original D1 and I don't recall having a problem viewing it. I would call support.

Should be readable

I have a D2 in my 7 and it is completely readable in bright sunlight. Contact Dyson support.

Adjust brightness?

Is it possible the brightness is just turned down?

When not adjusting pitch, roll, or any other settings, moving the Rocker up and down will increase and decrease the backlight of the display.

Is it possible the brightness is just turned down?

When not adjusting pitch, roll, or any other settings, moving the Rocker up and down will increase and decrease the backlight of the display.

No, I've been flying with it for months and I've repeatedly adjusted for full brightness.

Sounds like I need to talk to dynon.

Back