What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

W & B adding new equipment

Robert M

Well Known Member
I am about to install the SkyguardTWX. This will include two external antennas and their respective cables.

I can get the arms for the antennas and for the unit itself but how would I add the cable weights since they travel from one point to another?

Do I measure the arm where the cable starts, and again where the cable ends and then pick the mid-way point?

Thanks,

Robert

I am about to install the SkyguardTWX. This will include two external antennas and their respective cables.

I can get the arms for the antennas and for the unit itself but how would I add the cable weights since they travel from one point to another?

Do I measure the arm where the cable starts, and again where the cable ends and then pick the mid-way point?

Thanks,

Robert

weight them, and I would consider the change on the arm to be equal to a rounding error. dont even worry about it.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Since RG400 co-ax is about 0.8 ounces per foot the proposed method would be accurate enough for W&B purposes.

Back