What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help identify this rivet gun

I beleive the IR AVC-12 series rivet guns are 3X. I know they use standard rivet sets. So, it might be a good find!:D

Put a tool end regulator on it and a couple drops of tool oil in the snout and give it go!

Last edited:
Rivet sets are available at least at these vendors and probably others. You'll probably want the .410 tool size, which is most common, and for RVs, probably ought to get -3 and -4 universal-head rivet sets, as well as flat sets for flush-head rivets. There are other related tools, like bucking bars or back-rivet sets and plates, which a builder will need, plus clecos and various deburring tools. The list gets endless.

VAF has a tool section that contains much excellent information.

Cleavelandtool.com
Yardstore.com
Brown
ATS
PanAmericanTools.com
Aircraft Spruce

I have an ingersoll pneumatic drill and it has a trigger which isn't a feathering trigger. While I don't know what your rivet gun has, if the trigger is abrupt, I'd recommend replacing the gun with either a Sioux rivet gin or a less-expensive Acat brand, which is probably only available from the yardstore.com. I'm building my RV-3B with an Acat gun and like it better than the expensive Sioux gun that broke years ago.

Dave

Back