What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Timers on Std Vans set up

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Our 7 has a D100/D120 which has handy flight timers on the EMS.

Our 12 has a standard Vans set up on a Dynon Skyview HDX, so it has engine strip at the bottom, PFD left, map right.

There is a magenta time info strip on the right, but it only appears to be relevant to having a flight plan activated.

I have read the normal Dynon install/user guide but it seems to differ from the std Vans install.

Are they there, or am I just being dull, as usual :D

I've noticed the same thing so I think you are correct unless both of just just can't find it -- the HDX only has a manually activated timer, no automatic flight timers for logging what you just flew. I hope that feature is on their roadmap for future inclusion.

I have wondered the same. Reading that there are air time/flight time timers on both 1000 Touch and HDX. Disclaimer: I have not tried to display or use them.

i-PNggp7M-L.png

Was just looking through some old screenshots and I see that Air Trip and Time Remaining are displayed when the full screen EMS page is displayed.

This is the standard Van's set-up.

i-DJM4bwR-L.png

So the widgets are there. If you want them on the smaller EMS pages or the map you should be able to do it.

Back