What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New parts not included with RV-12iS kit?

Crafting N112DR

Well Known Member
When I was working on the RV-12iS OneWeek Wonder I noticed that a rub strip (1st Photo RED arrow). On the red RV-12iST I noticed that a pair of plastic vented handles (2nd Photo RED arrow) do not appear to be Part of my RV-12iS Kits. Any one have them in there kit? See photos below

2uikpb4.jpg
1112s88.jpg

The vent handles were a late enough development that the decision was made to not let them delay release of the fuselage or finish kit so I think they were rolled to the avionics kit.

The part you are referring to as a rub strip should be part of the finish kit (if I remember correctly)

The rub strip is a length of UHMW plastic, pressure sensitive on one side, and adheres to the back of the wing spar center section. The part number is F-01204N.

I said in Post #2 that I didn’t receive the “rub strip,” but I was wrong. Now that I know the part number, I rechecked my inventory sheet, and the F-01204N did ship with my fuselage kit. F-01204N is actually called a fuel tank pad and is listed under sub-kit 5. It is shown on drawing 21iS/U-01, but I didn’t see where it is installed in the written instructions.

A note on drawing 26iS/U-08 says the fuel tank will be in and out of the fuselage while installing the fuel system, so perhaps the F-01204N tank pad is installed when we mount the fuel tank for the final time.

The smaller F-01241 fuel tank pads are match drilled on drawing 21iS/U-02, and there is a note on drawing 21iS/U-03 that says you can delay installing the F-01241 pads until after painting the interior. My guess is that we install the F-01204N after painting, too.

Last edited:
I installed the adhesive strip on my iS fuselage kit as called out in Section 21iS. I don?t have it in front of me right now, but I think it was one of the last steps in the section. My strip was coiled and I had to lay it out between a couple of planks to get it to lay flat. I cleaned the surface well and used multiple clamps to hold it in place for several days. There are still areas where it doesn?t seem to stay adhered completely. I may need to remove and try a more aggressive adhesive or possibly when the tank is installed it may be pressed against it anyway. Maybe someone can chime in who?s beyond this step.

Thanks guys after a short search I have found the F-01204N and I have it really to install. As it turned out somehow I overlooked that step. I like the new vent handles hope we can get them in the Avionics kit. Happy Building Everyone!!

Back