What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question for Dynon and Earth X

BruceEicher

Well Known Member
How would I wire up the Earth X battery fault discrete output to the Skyview System? Is it as simple as connecting the battery fault wire to a general purpose discrete input on the EMS module?
Will the Skyview show the two fault modes "Flashing" and "Solid"
How would I test the system?

Here are the two instructions...

ieph5g.png

33aqfc7.png

2pzl93k.png

Last edited:
If I'm reading that right, the battery grounds the pin to show a fault, so, hook it up to a GP pin, configure 0-2.5V as "Fault" and 2.5-5.0V as "OK", with the 3 other gauge aspects not shown.

The response time will be able to show the difference between a hard fault, and the 5 second cycle time of a abnormal fault.

Too easy

If I'm reading that right, the battery grounds the pin to show a fault, so, hook it up to a GP pin, configure 0-2.5V as "Fault" and 2.5-5.0V as "OK", with the 3 other gauge aspects not shown.

The response time will be able to show the difference between a hard fault, and the 5 second cycle time of a abnormal fault.

That's what I too was thinking, I just had the voltage values backwards the first time so it showed only solid red. That was at 2230 hour, so I called it a night. Last night I reversed the volt values, hooked up a test lead, and ground it from the cockpit, all OK.
It is nice to have both a flashing red light and a voice warning with the Skyview.
Thank you for your input!
Cheers!

Back