What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Modifications

cosmof16

All,

I know people do different things on the build. I'm just about finished closing up my rudder and wonder how many people decided to any modifications to it (trim, etc) prior to closing it up.

Thanks in advance.

Jesse

Some have put an electric trim tab on it, but a spring bias on the rudder pedals seems easier and more popular. Or as in my case, a fixed wedge, trimmed for cruise.

Some have put an electric trim tab on it, but a spring bias on the rudder pedals seems easier and more popular. Or as in my case, a fixed wedge, trimmed for cruise.

I agree with Bob. I opted to install the Aerosport Products rudder trim. You can install it in under thirty minutes. It also helps to dampen wind gusts when on the ground.

bob

I cut in a trim tab, very glad I did so.

A buddy kept his finished/flying10 in my hangar while I was building, and installing rudder trim was one of the things he suggested doing while the plane was under construction.

PA010009.jpg

I went with electric trim as well since I had nothing but time to spend building! Details are on my blog.

Back