What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking fora RV-4 to see in person

Awd2gen

Looking for a RV-4 to checkout in person. Before I continue searching for one to purchase I would like to take a look at one in person (to make sure i fit, 6'4") and having never been in a tandem seating configuration, make sure its as appealing as it looks.

I'm in Western MD but willing to drive / fly to take a look. Let me know if you can help!

Lots of info on the subject, but thats a smart move to actually sit in one and close the canopy. When looking for one to buy ask if the seat/roll bar has been moved back. I'm 6'-1" @ 250lbs and fit snug but comfortable. If you have wide shoulders they will touch both sides. Also keep in mind about back seat passenger weight. Thats the main reason we just sold ours. Other than that its an awesome plane to fly.

Looking for a RV-4 to checkout in person. Before I continue searching for one to purchase I would like to take a look at one in person (to make sure i fit, 6'4") and having never been in a tandem seating configuration, make sure its as appealing as it looks.

I'm in Western MD but willing to drive / fly to take a look. Let me know if you can help!

I have one and am located at WV22. Feel free to send a pm or email if your interested in trying it in for size.

At KASH. Roll bar moved back two inches, Todds canopy, bottom 1.5" cut off instrument panel. I'm ,6'2", 245 and am comfortable. I can fly with a 210 pound pax in back, it gets real easy to land with a fatty in the back.

At KASH. Roll bar moved back two inches, Todds canopy, bottom 1.5" cut off instrument panel. I'm ,6'2", 245 and am comfortable. I can fly with a 210 pound pax in back, it gets real easy to land with a fatty in the back.

I've been there, but once tanks are half empty, my tailwheel becomes a "feeler" for the runway.

Lots of info on the subject, but thats a smart move to actually sit in one and close the canopy. When looking for one to buy ask if the seat/roll bar has been moved back. I'm 6'-1" @ 250lbs and fit snug but comfortable. If you have wide shoulders they will touch both sides. Also keep in mind about back seat passenger weight. Thats the main reason we just sold ours. Other than that its an awesome plane to fly.

I've looked and dont think fitting will actually be a problem but to physically check would make me feel better. And by the way, your build is what made me want to look for a 4. loved the panel. My back passenger will typically be 5'3. But ill keep in mind to check fitting in the back, as i have a friend or two who might be an issue.

Back