What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I need some toggle switch help

craigvince

Well Known Member
I'm looking for a 3-position toggle switch.
On
On
Off
I want to have two options for lights. Beacon on (middle position) or beacon and strobes one (top position).

The only switches I've been able to find are either momentary, or they have the off in the middle position.

Does anyone know where I can find the switch I want?

S700-2-10 from B&C.

See Aeroelectric book. Chapter on switches on how to wire said switch for your application.

Honeywell TL series: 2TL1-10 MS27407-4 ALL TYPES MS27408-4

Pos 1
1-2, 4-5

Pos 2
1-2, 5-6

Pos 3
2-3, 5-6

Use terminals 2-3 and 5-6

I did some digging for my own edification.

Honeywell TL series: 2TL1-10 MS27407-4 ALL TYPES MS27408-4

This is on page 5 of this Honeywell TL series data sheet. Other data sheets have different page numbers.

MS27407 are non-locking and MS27408 are locking. For locking you need to add the suffix explained on page 10. Typical is 2TL1-10A which is MS27408-4A "locked in three positions".

3 position switch

Don't worry about the "off" position - if you get a 3 position on-on-on switch, you can just not wire the "off" terminals.

Craig,

I may have one of the Honeywell switches for sale. I think I'm going to switch over to the locking toggles. I'm still in the build phase so the switch may have been installed in the panel but not actually used.

Back