What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Squeezer Yokes for Quick Build

A36Lee

I have searched but not having any luck answering a question about squeezer yokes needed for quick build.

I gather from searching that the longeron yoke and no-hole yoke are frequently recommended in general, but haven't found any discussion of yokes specifically for quick build (RV-8 for me).

Is anything beyond the 3" yoke needed for quick build?

Thanks,
Lee

"Needed" lol When it comes to tools you can never have too many.

The general guidance on yokes is the same if it is a standard build or quick build, and I can't imagine it changes on which model RV you are building.

If I could only have one yoke it would be the longeron yoke, second on my list is the 3 inch. I would love to have a 4" and a 4" no hole, but maybe that will be for the next build.

Thin nose - no hole

Lee,

In addition to the longeron yoke and the standard 3", I have a 3" and 4" thin-nose/no hole yoke. I used them to squeeze the aft most rivets in the rudder a couple of odd places...

B

I assume you are asking about yolks for a pneumatic squeezer. You will probably want a hand squeezer and a couple yolks for it as well.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yes - for pneumatic CP-214 pattern squeezer.

Who do you like as source for CP-214 no-hole yokes?

Back