What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flightline FL-760

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
Looking for feedback on the Flightline FL-760 com radio. It's been out for a while. Surely someone has heard something good or bad.

Mel...

I don't want to stray your thread BUT>>> THANKS!!!!! My friend that needed to discuss an issue with you has resolved his issue.

YOU are the MAN!!

Voted BEST DAR in the US!! :)

FlightLine Radio

I've been using the FlightLine radio for about two years now. I started off with an original MicroAir that had issues. The FlightLine almost plugged straight in, I only had to change 1 or 2 wires. Easy transition. I have been quite happy with the performance, and I must say the receiver seems a little better then the original MicroAir.....can't compare it the to newer ones. I also don't use the internal Intercom and use a Flightcom 403....which I'm not quite happy with, but that another issue. Changing frequency has been easy and straight forward. I wouldn't have any problems recommending the radio as a good budget radio.

==
Michael

Last edited:
I have been using mine since july. The antenna is a 23 inch .050 hobby shop spring wire. soldered to a bnc bulkhead connector mounted on my tip up panel to the right of center.

It is quite unobtrusive although it looks like a crack going up the canopy. My wife about had a heart attack when she first saw it since I was on canopy 2 about the time I mounted it. It works quite well.

Been using mine for a year as number 2 in the 8. Works great and have had no issues with it.

How functional is the scan feature?

I've looked over the manual found here, http://www.wingsandwheels.com/pdf/FL760.pdf

In previous posts, I noticed that it was mentioned as a second radio, so maybe this hasn't been explored. The manual discusses a scan feature, but it looks a bit unweildy. I'd rather hear from someone that has used it than depend on my reading of the manual. Is it usable in the same way as several other radios, specifically can you leave your assigned frequency to get awos and have it checking the assigned frequency for activity (priority), and if there is activity, automatically take you back?

Looking for feedback on the Flightline FL-760 com radio. It's been out for a while. Surely someone has heard something good or bad.

I put one in my Sonex in 2008 and used it until I sold the plane in 2011. I bought mine for $675, I think, on sale at ACS. I liked the radio a lot and would recommend it.

FL-760 review

Short and sweet, I hope..

My Microair 760 was a lightweight boat anchor. Had been back to the radio shop and overhauled/checked, still junk. about three months ago I found the FL-760 on ebay and got price match from one of the big radio shops for $649.99. The user manual suffers from poor translation from whatever- Chinese? ...but it's usable. Easy enough to disable the voice activated intercom feature. The squelch is not optimum and the voice sidetone can be a bit annoyingly loud- there is probably a feature to adjust for my mic impedance, but haven't worried about it enough to work on it. I get decent transmit range and SLC approach, tower and air to air users all report clear transmission. Reception seems fine, too. The guy at the radio shop when I asked- TELL ME WHY I should spend twice as much for a Trig, MgL or what have you for my experimental- said - Buy this one. Good advice so far.

Cheers!

Welcome to VAF!

Dave,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

I just purchased a project Colt that has Flight Line FL-760 radio in it. The previous owner bought it in April 2013 and had it installed, it has a harness for 2 place position, (that cost him $100.00). The radio would have less than 30 hrs on it. Great shape, no marks.
All one would have to do is install the headphone jacks, attack the power and ground and done.
I would take $600.00 for the whole setup.
Comes with Install/Operations manual. Wire diagrams.

It also has the intercom feature.

Going to KOSH on wednesday and would be available for pickup.

Peter

Back