What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FOBO Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

They are also available in onesies, so you nose dragger owners can buy a pair and a single.

If this thing is worth buying....

Dave

Looks like you would have to remove the wheel pant to add air to the tire. No way you are getting those off through an access hole.

Fobo tpms

They also come in sets of three. I hadn?t considered this type of product before because they only transmitted while they were rolling presumably to save the battery. Apparently with these ones, you can check the tire pressure from your phone before rolling and possibly in the air before landing. Now we?re talking! I wonder how reliable/safe they are in an aircraft operating environment. Requires Bluetooth 5.0

Bevan

https://my-fobo.com/Product/TRIKE2

Last edited:
Looks very promising

Just saw a review video on YouTube and the fact you can check pressure and temperature in a static environment is nice.
Wondering if someone with a flying RV would do a review for us here.
Would be nice to get some data points like before flight, after take off, after landing, etc. specially regarding temperature.
Looking forward for the comments.

I wonder how long the battery lasts if it's on 24/7. Even with some kind of low-power non-transmit mode it still has to be listening for a request all the time.

I have had something similar on the mains of my RV7a for about 18 months or more. They dont communicate with my phone, instead the receiver sits in a cigarette lighter type power outlet on my panel. I tried fitting it to the nose wheel but it was too large to clear the nose fork.

Its quite useful, and hasn't let me down yet. The weakness is that if they break they would allow the air to escape from the tube.

Back