What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Well my PC 680 gave up the ghost as happened to many others. Did Van's include the battery in one of the kits, as I cannot find an invoice from anyone else that I thought I might have purchased from?

Yep

Well my PC 680 gave up the ghost as happened to many others. Did Van's include the battery in one of the kits, as I cannot find an invoice from anyone else that I thought I might have purchased from?

It was in the kit.

Google 'PC680' and you will find many sources for the battery. I've purchased from BatteryMart, looks like they offer free shipping.

I have some reservations about the PC 680 being close to capacity starting a 390, and wondering what it?s service life is likely to be. How old (years and flying hours) was your battery?

First flight , summer 2016. About 100 hrs. Same model battery in my 0-360 SuperCub, purchased 2005 and 700 hrs.
Thanks for the replies , that explains why ACS has no record of it. I'll have to see if anyone sells them in Canada other than ACS (shipping from Ontario).

Just replaced the PC680 in my Rocket - bought it from SaskBattery - 169.50 CDN includes shipping.

Back