What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV9A Panel upgrade (Maybe)

whd721

Well Known Member
I have a RV9A with a simple panel built around the Dynon Skyview with auto pilot, ADSB out , ADSB in by Foreflight and the Dynon COM 25 radio.

I am considering the installation of a Garmin GTN 650 and a GMA 342 (or equivalents ).

Is anyone willing to comment on how well a certified GSP 650 Navigator plays with the Skyview map and Auto pilot?

How much of the F-768 Sub Panel needed to be cut out and what reinforcements needed to be added?

I have looked at the ?Show me your panel? photos, but they do not show the Backside of the panel where most of the Questions occur. I would like to know where all the stuff that supports all the beautiful Panels goes in an organized layout, and how tidy cable bundles are routed.

Thanks for any help

How much of the F-768 Sub Panel needed to be cut out and what reinforcements needed to be added?

Thanks for any help

Check the manual. I believe the only reinforcement required is what's required to hold your instruments and radios.

Back