VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2017, 11:22 AM

I never use my air drill. A good lightweight cordless drill will be fine, and much quieter.

I just have a manual squeezer with a couple of yokes. It builds arm muscles
The bandsaw is a must; I have a Craftsman one that I picked up with some gift cards and have been impressed by it.

I have a 2X and 3X gun; we used the 3X for my dad's -6 many years ago and I can use it fine, but my wife finds the 2X more controllable on AD3 rivets. Make sure you have a swiveling flush set, but get a "fixed" one too as it will be valuable in certain situations.

I'm also using Dad's old C-frame because it was free.

I've gone to rattle-can primer because I always got terrible results with the Stewart Systems one and it was a pain to use as well. It's going to cost me a little more but I'm saving in aggravation.