What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Murphy VM-7 Competitor

AndrewBS

Does anyone remember this aeroplane, which was built by Dick Murphy of Doyletown PA and had a strong RV-3 heritage?

The prototype, N5P, was lost in a hangar fire shortly after it was built (late 1970s), and while a second example was reportedly under construction, the reg was cancelled in 2014.

I'm scratchbuilding a -3, and am simply interested in the influences this really neat design had.

Three's Coompany

Does anyone remember this aeroplane, which was built by Dick Murphy of Doyletown PA and had a strong RV-3 heritage?

The prototype, N5P, was lost in a hangar fire shortly after it was built (late 1970s), and while a second example was reportedly under construction, the reg was cancelled in 2014.

I'm scratchbuilding a -3, and am simply interested in the influences this really neat design had.

Very cool Andy.
Additionally the RV3 has the distinction of being one of the 30 most important aircraft designs of all time...along with my favorite airplane as well. (The F-16)
:)

https://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/g2142/the-30-most-important-airplanes-of-all-time/

V/R
Smokey

Back