What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Florida trip

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I am planning a trip to visit my parents in Ocala next week. Looks like my choices are Ocala (OCF) or Dunnellon (X35)

Ocala has a $15.00 per night fee, one night waved if you purchase fuel.
Dunnellon has no fee and it looks like the fuel is about $.50 cheaper.

Any pros and cons or other suggestions from anyone that flys in that area.

Thanks,
Gary
N715AB RV7A

Maybe Williston

I am planning a trip to visit my parents in Ocala next week. Looks like my choices are Ocala (OCF) or Dunnellon (X35)

Ocala has a $15.00 per night fee, one night waved if you purchase fuel.
Dunnellon has no fee and it looks like the fuel is about $.50 cheaper.

Any pros and cons or other suggestions from anyone that flys in that area.

Thanks,
Gary
N715AB RV7A

Williston is about 17 miles. They have a new FBO, a restaurant on field and fuel is much better priced than Ocala. Nice well maintained long runways. Not that you need them in an RV . Not sure about any other fees.

I go to X35 all the time for cheap fuel.
Nice airport. County owned.
No car rentals available.
Not sure about any ramp fees. May not be any as the fbo is being remodeled the last time I was there.
They do offer plenty of tie down ramp space.

Thanks guys...

I have been to Ocala several times but they seems to cater to the kerosene guys. Williston my be a little far for my parents to drive but looks really nice. X35 got some good reviews on Air Nav, I was just wondering if was gated and safe for a weeks stay. Air Nav said it was kind of a ghost town.

If anyone is building in the area let me know, I always like to see projects under construction.

Gary
N715AB
RV-7A

Thanks guys...

I have been to Ocala several times but they seems to cater to the kerosene guys. Williston my be a little far for my parents to drive but looks really nice. X35 got some good reviews on Air Nav, I was just wondering if was gated and safe for a weeks stay. Air Nav said it was kind of a ghost town.

If anyone is building in the area let me know, I always like to see projects under construction.

Gary
N715AB
RV-7A
I believe there is a gang hangar where they are building several RV-10s.
They are located on the east side just north of the self-serve fuel station.

Back