What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2017 AirVenture RV-10 Dinner & Social

bcondrey

Well Known Member
Patron
Sticking with tradition, we will again be hosting the annual Oshkosh RV-10 dinner/social on Sunday 7/23 this year. Location will be in Camp Scholler (in the area of 55th & Lindbergh) as in the past but we won't know the exact area until we get on site, about a week before. We will also acquire an additional site as in years past for a hangout area during the week.

Start time will be 5:30, feel free to show up early if you'd like to be put to work setting up! We've had best luck just taking care of the food rather than doing pot luck so we'll stick with that approach and have a container for a free will offering to help offset cost. If you'd rather bring something that's ok, it's just difficult for a lot of folks to do much if they flew in and/or are camping.

Not sure what the menu is yet, but food is always good and plentiful. This is intended to be RV-10 focused, but as always, those still in the planning stages, vendors, etc. are also welcome.

More details when the date gets closer, as of now there isn't much more known. If you are planning to attend I'd appreciate a heads up so we have some idea of head count.

Standby for more info...

Volunteers

This year we are going to have some folks help us set up, tote and carry and clean up. I think that 3 or 4 for each group will make light work for all. Those helping set up should plan on being there about 3:30. If you are willing to assist please let me know.

Gary Specketer

I'm not sure if I will be there on that Sunday yet or not, but if so, I would be happy to help out.

Bob,

I'll be there this year, and will be bringing my family (finally!). Head count would be 2 adults and 2 kids (5 and 3, so they won't drink much). :D

Looking forward to it as always! Sarah and I will be in attendance and willing to help setup/cleanup, procurement (provided uber is still around there), or whatever else may be needed.

With any luck, this will be the last Oshkosh we attend camping in GAC :D

Woohoo, thanks Bob, Gary, and others for making this event happen once again. We'll be there and happy to help with clean up.

Excited to say I'll be there this year for the first time. Not sure what time we'll get in on Sunday, so I'll help out where I can.

I plan to attend again this year as well. Not sure if I will be in Oshkosh early enough to help with set-up, but if I get there in time I'll swing by early to help. Otherwise I'm happy to help with clean up.

Volunteers found

This year we are going to have some folks help us set up, tote and carry and clean up. I think that 3 or 4 for each group will make light work for all. Those helping set up should plan on being there about 3:30. If you are willing to assist please let me know.

Gary Specketer

We have our helpers

Setup 3:30
Bill Greenley
Mike Jimenez
Mark Ciaglia

Cleanup
Brian Unrein
Dave McDonald
TIM Honeycutt

Lift and tote
Tony Dubeansky
Gary Specketer
Bob Condrey

Thanks guys. Let me know if your situation changes

Gary Specketer

Last edited:
RV-10 Social

Weather permitting, I will be there and also Keith Luminais. He is new to this whole process of experimentals. I have a flying RV-14 and we just started on a RV-10 last month. Working on the tail, fuselage ordered and QB wings also. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

head count?

Are you trying to get a head count at this time?

my wife and I will be there.

Yes, we're trying to get a headcount and appreciate those that plan on coming letting us know. We'd hate to run out of food but haven't ever had that problem.

Certainly possible that there's a scheduling conflict. We've done the RV-10 on the Sunday afternoon/evening before AirVenture for many years. I suspect there isn't a single night that could be selected for any event without conflicting with something that week. People just have to make choices...

Certainly possible that there's a scheduling conflict. We've done the RV-10 on the Sunday afternoon/evening before AirVenture for many years. I suspect there isn't a single night that could be selected for any event without conflicting with something that week. People just have to make choices...

Correct. It's almost impossible to do anything at Airventure without missing some other cool event. That goes for formally scheduled stuff, as well as "people sponsored" events. You'll just have to come back next year, and the next, and the next.. :p

RSVP

My wife and I will be at OshKosh this year (celebrating our 25th Anniversary!). We look forward to attending this social.

RSVP

Count me in for 2. I will be there weather permitting.
I will have a good friend with me. His first visit to Oshkosh.

I will attend with my wife and teenage son. We will be driving in (ugh!) Sunday afternoon. Maybe fly in next year but more likely 2019.

I hope to be there with the whole family this year. Put me down for 5 as the little ones don't eat much, and we can take food for them if necessary.

Gosh this year looks to have a banner crowd of RV-10 folks. Due to a conflict (just too many things going on at the same time) we won't be at the Dinner but hope to see many of you at the RV Social on Monday. If not there look for us in HBC!

Put me down for 3

Hi,

We will be driving up from Chicago and will arrive probably a little later. Maybe 6:30pm.

Peter, Paul and Andrew....

Regards,
Andrew.

Looking forward to this year's dinner. I will attend and will be driving up from Peoria. Staying in camp Scholler this year which will be a first for me!

Looks like I'll be able to make it.

Kevin Updegrove
Tampa, FL
Wings, empennage, fuselage, complete
Time for panel and engine

I am already down to help prepare, just want to add that my wife will be coming also. We are among the oddballs, vegetarians :)

My second visit to OSH, first time as an RV10 builder. My friend (Russ) and I will be there Sunday night as well. Thanks for hosting this and can't wait to meet you guys..

Last edited:
RV10 dinner social

I'm flying in from Australia first time round and would like to join you for the RV10 dinner social , regards, Dieter Klein RV10 40954 VH-KLN

Location for the dinner is now firmed up. We're immediately south of Lindbergh between 51st and 52nd streets in Camp Scholler.

OK, my wonderful editor at Kitplanes (Paul Dye) just agreed to let me come to the social instead of the KP get together. :) Happy to be able to make it this year. Carol will be tagging along, too. :)

Vic

Vic,

Probably because he thought we'd need adult supervision after he witnessed a lot of flames associated with some burgers that had a high combustible content a few years ago. Turning off the propane didn't help, he did however approve of extinguishing them with beer though...

Vic,

Probably because he thought we'd need adult supervision after he witnessed a lot of flames associated with some burgers that had a high combustible content a few years ago. Turning off the propane didn't help, he did however approve of extinguishing them with beer though...

Too funny. But the question is "are any of us really adults at OSH?" I thought it was the ultimate toyland for us aviation types. :)

Vic

Provided WX holds up and I get there on time, I will attend. Thanks Bob

Regards,
Charlie

Back