What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Window Seal

Lindyshambaugh

I'm New Here
Has any one come up with a good...and neat...way of sealing the rear window? There has got to be a better way than prose all. Thanks!

I will be using Sikaflex, continuing from my canopy work. This eliminates the screws, too.

What ever you use has to be paintable.

A clean way to do it is to mask and paint the portion of the window that is inside behind the skin. Then it doesn't matter what the sealant looks like because it is not visible from inside.

At least as of today I can tell you that the rear window can be removed after the Proseal has cured. I used Loctite on the screws as per rev. 0 after reading rev. 1 and forgetting that Loctite was a mistake and updated. Dang memory or rather lack thereof .
I had done a half decent job with the Proseal , but I get another shot at improving. I will mask off a larger area both on the acrylic and alum. so I can try and force a larger amount in-between the alum. and acrylic and hopefully have a completely filled seal. I had a few air spots on my first try.

Back