VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 PM

Default Conway

Amen to that. Van's told me if I had called them about the high Conway charge they would have done something about it. Is this anyway to run deliveries to your customers?
RV-12: Sold
RV-14: Sold
Carbon Cub: N471CC
Old 01-03-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuacallis View Post
So on my RV-12 Empennage kit they shipped via Conway. Let me tell you guys, NEVER again will I allow them to ship via Conway. They called the day before to confirm a delivery time between 8-11am so I stayed home from work and anxiously awaited my first kit, then by noon I called Conway and they said, oh the driver decided to put your stuff on for the last delivery and he should be there around 5pm. I explained that I needed to run to an appointment and that I could not accept delivery until 5:30pm.

What happens next? Well Conway shows up at 4:30 and thankfully my neighbor helped the guy carry the kit up the 400ft driveway. Oh, but it gets better, since shipping has to be paid on delivery, he started banging on the door to get my wife to answer (which woke up her and our newborn) to get paid...

Needless to say when I got home at 5:15 thinking I had 15 minutes to be ready for the guy, my wife was none to happy.

Lesson learned? When you order specify you don't want Conway and they will use one of the others. My -12 wing kit is coming via Fedex freight on Monday morning so I am hoping to avoid the same fiasco.
I agree that it sounds like you got jacked around a bit with them changing from morning to afternoon with no notification, but none of the shippers will quote you a delivery time and hit it within 15 minutes (unless they happen to be lucky that day).

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 01-04-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002 View Post
I agree that it sounds like you got jacked around a bit with them changing from morning to afternoon with no notification, but none of the shippers will quote you a delivery time and hit it within 15 minutes (unless they happen to be lucky that day).
FedEx Freight will or maybe they just got lucky on my kit. Driver called 15 minutes ahead of scheduled delivery to make sure I was home. Stopped by right at 10am. Slugged it through the rain into my garage. Very happy with their service.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 PM

Default Happy with Con-way

Just received the RV-14 empennage kit from Con-way today in Tucson and cost $171.38. Completely happy with their communications and delivery. Took 3 days to get it here. My 2 cents.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:56 PM

My tail kit from vans to Maui Hawaii was $318.00 and took about two weeks.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:50 PM

I am amazed by the amount of kits that arrived damaged. Many boxes do arrive broken or damaged but fortunately without damage to the contents.

It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to move these things around with the forklift.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slouis View Post
My tail kit from vans to Maui Hawaii was $318.00 and took about two weeks.
Not a bad deal actually. Can you refer me to your provider?
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-16-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propsync View Post
I am amazed by the amount of kits that arrived damaged. Many boxes do arrive broken or damaged but fortunately without damage to the contents.

It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to move these things around with the forklift.

I think the problem often is that there are one or a few rotten eggs in most delivery companies and when they see several $ signs on them and/or "aviation parts" or something similar they get jealous and "accidents" happens.

I actually feel sorry for these kind of businesses sometimes because I have experiences of similar problems, it does not always matter that you treat your employees great and have better terms than all competitors, sometimes you still get employees that behave badly.
RV-14 kit #140138
I have entered the 90% done, 90% left to do zone
Http://magnusrv.blogspot.se
Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 AM

They shipped my 14 Empennage ABF company. Excellent delivery, no damage, They emailed me 3-4 days ahead of time. I called them, they gave me expected delivery, and costs. very reasonable. about 262.034 to central Indiana.
I would recommend them, but Van's chose the company.

RV-7A N1243A Sold
#140479 RV-14A N1479B Reserved
Old 05-18-2018, 01:23 PM

Iíll second the service received from ABF. I built a RV-10 several years back and now working on a -14. Every kit received has been un-damaged and they communicate very well on the transit. I do elect to go to the freight terminal for pick-up but the folks there are super to work with.